Sorry for the .5 photos but my calendar marking point falls on a Wednesday and that is usually not a great photo day. Everyone is usually rushing out the door and I am usually wearing very sloppy clothing because that is a work/study from home day for me. So the weekend provides us with a better opportunity to take pictures.
Things are progressing along here. I feel larger this time around. Maternity clothes that I wore at the end of pregnancy last time seem to fit just fine right now. It is a little scary. I am not sure if my body will "bounce" back like it did last time. I am not sleeping very well these days. I have been dealing with a weird tingling sensation in my left thigh. I had the same issue when I was pregnant with Jack. I find myself trying to sleep in the living room, in a chair with a pillow and blanket at random times of the night.
We have made little progress in the baby room. We have taken steps in the right direction though. We went out and got Jack's big boy bed today. Well, ordered it. I also was able to get Jack's new bedding pieced together this week. Which has made some sad/yucky feelings come up. I feel a little like we are not getting or doing enough for baby #2. Jack continues to get new clothes, toys, furniture, bedding etc. And baby #2 is getting basically 100% hand me downs. :-( I am totally fine with being economic and practical, but I am feeling a little sad and guilty about it. I feel that it is kind of unfair to baby #2. If we found out that baby #2 was going to be a girl, then let's face it, we would be getting LOTS of new things. So why shouldn't baby #2 that happens to be a boy get the same treatment? I am a little torn. I want to do what is best for the budget but I also want my second boy to be treated just as special as my first. (Perhaps this all stems from me being the second girl in my family.)
I KNOW, I KNOW. I CAN'T KEEP CALLING HIM BABY #2. I haven't forgotten to post his name. I just want to post a sonogram picture of him along with his name and I can' t seem to get to a scanner (located at school). Will be posted sometime after Tuesday morning. That is the next time I plan on being on campus.
1 comment:
Wait until baby boy #3! Then he will be lucky to just get a clean baby bottle! On the other hand, baby #2 followed by #3 have something very, very special.... experienced parents and wonderful built in best friends which are priceless for baby #2 & #3! I personally think that they are the luckiest ones.
Post a Comment