Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fideo, Frijoles and Tortillas

= Home

For the most part, I have gotten my appetite back and I have been trying to cook again. I have taken a long hiatus from kitchen duties because of pregnancy aversions. This week I have tried to go back to having a menu for the week and actually cooking the dishes. Last night I made fideo. (If you are unfamiliar, this is that strange, little, yellow box in the pasta section of the grocery store that is labeled in red writing vermecilli. It is extremely inexpensive. Probably one of the reasons why my mother made it.) It was a nice meal that reminded me of home. This was always on the menu at our house growing up. For some it may not be too appealing but for me, this is comfort food. 

Note: I had an aversion to Mexican food when I was pregnant with Jack and with this pregnancy as well. There are a few exceptions to this aversion. I will eat Mexican food that my mother makes, some dishes that I know how to make, cheese enchiladas from Los Asados and nachos from the botana platter at Pepe's. Have I mentioned I miss home. :-( 

1 comment:

storage2 said...

you can come hang out with me, los asados is right around the corner!! funny how i can't wait to leave this place... AGAIN! smiles, jenn