Thursday, April 23, 2009

Diadeloso...¿Qué?

When we moved here I could not stand some of the terms used here in town like the BU holiday of Diadeloso and the street name Bosque. Bosque is Spanish for forest and everyone in town pronounces this word in a very strange way. I am totally accustomed to it now but I used to cringe every time I heard it. Diadeloso = Day of the Bear in Spanish, only with all of the spaces taken out between the words. Why the omission of the spaces? Not sure. Just know that Day of the Bear is a fun day when there are no classes and the student body and faculty at BU come out and have a great time. These terms no longer bother me and we have totally grown to enjoy this BU holiday. 

Jack and I went to Diadeloso with some good friends A & A and Ms. Brandy, and A & C and Ms. Kellie. Sadly, I didn't get any pics of A & C or Ms. Kellie :-(. It was hot but lots of fun for the kiddos. Jack and the other kids played some basketball, football, ran an obstacle course, made bracelets and had a nice BU catered picnic. 

Jack and A outside of the student union


Jack, A& A playing a little B-ball and unable to all look at the camera at the same time


Jack enjoying his sweet reward after running the obstacle course. 


Sweet friends holding hands right before we called it a day. We Mommies were pretty tuckered out from the heat, kid managing, hauling around of wagons, strollers and picnic blankets. Lots of fun activity but could not do it everyday! Whew. 

No comments: