Friday, March 27, 2009

Our Irises Are Blooming!

As mentioned in a previous post we moved into our home with our backyard in an awful state. I am pretty sure our house had quite a few previous owners and renters. It was built in 1949 so I can imagine that in the last 60 years our backyard has gone through numerous transformations. We probably inherited it in it's worse state. Sometimes I imagine the original owners and how they might have planted these irises and our pecan trees. I think they might have kept a decent backyard and later witnessed their sweet home and yard turn to crud when it became a rent house. I like to think they would be happy with us living here and content to know that the yard they once tended to is being cared for once again. (Not by me but by Todd) We often talk about moving into a bigger house and at times complain about some of the issues we have with living in an older home. But, I know when the day comes it will be hard to leave these old irises and the back yard that Todd has worked so hard on.. :-) 







No comments: