Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Luca Talks
Todd and I are really enjoying Luca's age right now. He is so funny at times. He is a sponge and learning daily. He is such a good reader and has started to write sentences. He sits in big church with us on Sundays and seems to grasp way more than we ever thought possible. He turns 5 this summer and will be in kindergarten next year. I can hardly believe it. He is still in love with his Mommy and still wants to snuggle with me. I plan on savoring it as long as I can. This was one of our funny conversations yesterday while I was preparing dinner.
Luca: Mom, Dad usually comes home at dinner time.
Me: Yes. He does but today he is working and extra job so that he can get paid extra money. (I mumble under my breath the following statement.) Mommy works extra and I get paid nothing. Now how is that fair?
Luca: Well, it's not because he is a boy and you are a girl right?
Ha! I realized I was grumbling for no reason while making dinner. Luca made me laugh. I realized a couple of things from that conversation. 1) I must cry double standard quite a bit. 2) It was actually fair. Todd has a talent that others are willing to pay for and I am appreciative of that extra income. 3) I have been working too much and not getting paid for it so I am going to say NO more. It puts me in a bad mood and makes me complain and mumble under my breath in front of my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment