So about a month ago I went to my local HEB where I saw some fresh blueberries. I thought, "Hey, those are healthy. I think I'll get some." Only... I know myself and I am not going to reach into the fridge and grab a handful of blueberries to snack on..nor will Jack or Todd. So I decided to bake blueberry muffins. I found a nifty recipe online and waited for a good opportunity to bake them. However... with Jack and Luca I never got around to baking them. Luca goes on sleep strikes during the daytime and Jack wants my attention ALL the time. By the time Todd and I get the two asleep at night, I am beat and don't want to make an even bigger mess in the kitchen than already exists. So the stinking carton of blueberries have taunted me and laughed at my culinary ambitions every time I opened the fridge. My first carton of blueberries went bad and I had to throw the whole thing out. I was so irritated by the waste of money and by my failure to bake. I purchased more blueberries and these almost went bad too but I decided TODAY is the day. I will bake those muffins if it is the only thing I do today! Now I know that after buying 2 cartons of blueberries I have spent enough money to buy freshly baked blueberry muffins from HEB or a bakery. But having the blueberries or blueberry muffins is no longer the point. It is about me actually completing something or finishing something I set out to do. Even if it is just baking a few muffins. I don't like feeling defeated so two carton of blueberries later we have blueberry muffins! Celebrate with me as I triumph over my own personal issues! :-)
Blueberry Muffins-They better taste good.
5 comments:
I love that story!...and I also looove that cute little plate you've got that muffin sitting on. Hope they were yummy! :)
Looks yummy! I was just complaining to Jon about how I can never end the day with a clean kitchen. No matter how many times I clean it throughout the day, it is always a mess at bedtime. It must be those attention taking offspring- love them, but my goodness two make life crazy!
I remember being excited if I brushed my teeth by noon..and that was only with one! Kudos to you for a job well done! Were they yummy?
They were yummy indeed! Not a single one got wasted or thrown out. It is good base muffin recipe and you can basically add anything to it. Just need to find a way to make it healthy...replacement for sugar??? Applesauce??
You can always freeze those evil little berries that are daring you to take the time and bake them!
You're a better mom than I! My boys get Betty Crocker blueberry muffins baked fresh on Sunday if they are lucky! Loved your post, it was delicious.
Post a Comment