I am not a big fan of the winter months. I love the sun. (in moderation of course) Growing up in South Texas, we had the sun basically year round. I can think of one Christmas Eve where my friends and I went day shopping in Mexico and enjoyed a sunny day and a margarita. I used to go to the beach and sun bathe a lot! (not the smartest thing to do) When we lived in CT, winter lasted sooooo long there. I was aching for the sun to shine and it would not until late April or May! At the end of every winter season, I begin to get impatient and just want the spring to arrive. Right when I start to get discouraged and know we still have a bit longer to wait, God provides me with a little encouragement to get me through the last of the winter season. These are a few of the blooms we have in the backyard.
I think this flower is called a Paper White Narcissus or I could be totally wrong. They are much smaller than a daffodil. If you know their official name, let me know. :-)
We have these white blooms, daffodils and Irises. Every year these flowers faithfully bloom. They are particularly special to me because when we first moved into our house, our backyard was awful! We had no grass, basically a forest and it was just not inviting. However, in the winter/spring of our first year here, all of these bulbs started to bloom and it gave me hope for the backyard. It is a work in progress and Todd has done a great job making our backyard a more welcoming and inviting place.
These will be yellow daffodils. They are random in the yard. Todd usually is not sensitive to my enjoying these and runs them over with the lawn mower. Hopefully we get a bloom to take a picture of before he mows them down. :-) Will post a picture of the irises if they bloom this year. Those tend to be every other year. Until next time, happy gardening!
No comments:
Post a Comment