Friday, January 30, 2009

A Conversation with Jack

Yes there are more NY pictures but a lack of time an energy have prevented me from posting them. Sorry. There are more to come. I had to post a conversation Jack and I had the other evening before I forget it. Jack had an outbreak of hives. Something he ate (unidentified) caused him to have this reaction for about 24 hours. Hives are familiar to us now so we didn't freak out just pondered what on earth did he eat to cause this particular hive episode. Anyhow, our discussion started because of the hives and this is how the conversation went...

Mommy: Jack, I wonder why you have those hives? 

Jack: I don't know Mommy. 

Mommy: Hmm. I guess God just made you different huh. You are special. 

Jack: Yea, God can make me better too. 

Mommy: You are right. He can make you better.

Jack (smiling with a silly face): God always makes funny noises on the patio.

Mommy (interested and wondering if my son is having special private moments with God): What do you mean God makes funny noises on the patio? Like what kind of noises? 

Jack: With his tail.

Mommy (realizing that Jack is talking about our neighbor's DOG that sleeps outside of his bedroom window and wags his tail on their deck): With his tail? Jack that is Rob-Rob's DOG, not GOD! 

Now I wonder that when we are tucking Jack in and praying with him, does he think we are praying to the dog outside?? We have a lot of work ahead of us! 

No comments: