Thursday, September 13, 2012

Is this what I am looking at? Is this my future?


So today I dropped off the boys at their school and headed on over to my school. I pulled into the parking lot and before getting out of my red Honda Accord I finished my breakfast (that had been sitting in the passenger seat next to me since leaving the house about 20 minutes earlier) when another car pulled up right next to me. I looked over and saw that it was an older male professor. He reached over to his passenger seat and began to shave his face with an electric razor. So while we were both finishing off our morning routine like an old married couple we caught eyes. I smiled and raised my oatmeal filled spoon to him as a gesture of hello. And then I noticed his car. It was a small red Honda Civic. Not the same make as mine but for sure similar in style and age. He got out of his car and reported to work. I sat there for a second and thought.. "Is this what I am looking at? Is this my future?" And this my friends left me slightly discouraged. Really? All this work and years from now will I still be in the same car finishing my morning routine, and basically doing the exact same thing that I am doing now only with the title? (Cue sound effects) Wha-wha.
My present is on the right. My future is to the left. Ha! 

No comments: