Monday, July 23, 2012

11 Year Anniversary

We celebrated our 11th anniversary this month. Last year we did it up in San Francisco. This year we hung out in Texas and made a quick trip to Austin. Earlier this summer we stayed at the Omni in downtown Austin. We stayed in the Omni in San Fran last year and had great service. But our stay earlier this summer had a few things go wrong. It was mostly noise from renovations. Todd let the Omni know that although we love their hotels we probably wouldn't stay there again. Well.. they offered us a free night's stay in one of their renovated rooms. Who are we to turn such an offer down right. ;) It was fabulous. They tried really hard to please us and gave us a super room and it was all free. Talk about a great anniversary gift.  We checked in.. got dressed and went out to dinner at Uchi. It is one of the yummiest places I have been too. Of course I do live in a good food deprived city so I could be wrong. But I don't think I am. We tried all kinds of deliciousness at Uchi. Totally recommend this place if you are looking for a cool and yummy place to have sushi. It is pricey so expect to put down some money if you go but so worth it. Just talking about the place makes me want to go back as soon as we can.. My favorite was the machi cure (picture below) which consisted of smoked baby yellowtail, yucca chips, asian pear, marcona almonds with garlic brittle. 

My date was pretty awesome too. Todd and I have never gone to a real sushi place together. He spent some time in Japan before we got married and he attempted to teach me how to use my chopsticks. I started out pretty good but as the dinner progressed my chopstick skills waned. It was a fun dinner. Kind of odd that we have been married for 11 years and never has there been an occasion for the whole chopstick lesson. I guess there are more surprises and adventures yet to come. :) Happy Anniversary Todd! 
Fuzzy phone pic before dinner

The awesome bookshelf that Todd built in our bedroom.. his gift to me. 
The suite comped by the Omni
This is a sweet suite :)  
Machi Cure 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess I should check out the blog more often:) You as my date will always be the only anniversary gift you'll ever need to give!