Sunday, August 16, 2009

Big Brother


Answer to my last post: Yes, the top baby is Jack and the bottom baby is Luca. :-) Here is big brother playing outside in the sprinkler. He has grown into his big brother role nicely. He is very sweet to Luca. He no longer covers his ears when Luca cries. Instead he rubs Luca's head and tries to console him. Things that he has said to or about Luca:

"It's okay Luca. " 
"It's coming Luca."
"What's up with this little guy?" 
"What could he want?" 
"I sure am a good helper." 

Jack has had his moments of frustration and is generally more needy than normal but we cannot complain or blame him. He needs and wants all the attention that he once had. Things that he has said to us:

"Okay, I give up!." (When waiting for a snack)
"I need one of you in here with me."
"I need someone to play with me." 
"I'm bored." 

We are learning how to split our attention between Jack and Luca. Sometimes we do a good job and other times not so great. We pray that it is more of the good sprinkled with just a little of the not so great! :-)


1 comment:

Beth said...

so neat that you have these recorded! Too funny! ..and did I read correctly that you posted this at 5:30 am?